Thank you for visiting us!


We are Ottawa's first and only 100% vegan bakery!

We are located at:
507 Bronson Ave.
Ottawa, ON
K1C 3G6

We have a brand, new site to answer all of your questions and show you more about our site!!

Please head over to:



http://www.auntieloostreats.ca


We've left up our past posts for you to peruse if you so wish.


Thank you!

xoxo
Miss Kate & The Auntie Loo's Team





Wednesday, February 23, 2011

And Now For Something Completely Different...

I would personally like to introduce you to our newest member of the Auntie Loo's gang... The newest child of our little family... The next in a long line of classic treats...



OK you get the idea. I'm here to announce our NEWEST cake flavour...



Wait for it...

Just a second...

Drumrolls please...

Here we go!!!...

BERRY CARDAMOM BUTTERMILK CAKE

This newest addition to our selection of vegan treats was a brainchild of the one and only, Shane H. I was in at the bakery on Saturday for another weekend of wedding consultations, and had shown up feeling a little under the weather. Next thing I know, Mandi is cutting me a slice of what I believe she referred to as her "lunch, dinner, and breakfast since yesterday". (Don't quote me on that). Let me tell you... I love this cake. It has a rich texture due to the buttermilk (you know what I mean) but at the same time is light and not too heavy. The berries give a nice contrast to the density of the cake, while a light lemon icing lifts the overall flavour to make a ridiculously enjoyable treat.

Immediately after having a taste of the new cake, I sent Shane a text message that simply said, "I love you."

It's not that often that we come up with a flavour and immediately put it into rotation; there are usually adjustments that need to be made, or some playing around with the recipes... but in less than a week of its conception, our new berry cardamom buttermilk cake will be available at the shop as of Friday, February 25th for your enjoyment! Please see our retail hours as outlined on the right side of our page.

Hope I'll be seeing you soon!
XXX
Miss Kate

Aaanndd... Just because I've referenced Monty Python, here's a little video for you:


No comments:

Post a Comment