Thank you for visiting us!


We are Ottawa's first and only 100% vegan bakery!

We are located at:
507 Bronson Ave.
Ottawa, ON
K1C 3G6

We have a brand, new site to answer all of your questions and show you more about our site!!

Please head over to:



http://www.auntieloostreats.ca


We've left up our past posts for you to peruse if you so wish.


Thank you!

xoxo
Miss Kate & The Auntie Loo's Team





Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Westminster Pet Sanctuary

Hey everyone!
Just wanted to make a quick post to let you all know about someone we met today...

Mandi and I were workin' away at the bakery, when the loveliest woman named Kelli came in to the shop. She was so excited to be visiting us, as it was her first time in the bakery and first time trying our stuff. It turns out she does not live right in Ottawa, and her and her friends/family don't have much access to a lot of vegan foods. It was a joy to be able to share our treats with her, and she left the shop with one of everything to try!!

Before she left, however, she informed us that she runs the Westminster Pet Sanctuary. They specialize in caring for pets with special needs. This was a pretty fleeting visit, but in that short time, Mandi and I were so touched that we even welled up and I had goosebumps all over my arms. We cannot fully express how much it means to us that we are privileged to meet people like this on a daily basis. I told Kelli I would make sure her website was listed here, and I encourage you all to take a look at the site, and the work that is being done by this wonderful group of volunteers.

Here is a blurb from their Facebook group describing their organization:
We are a dedicated, hard working registered charity doing this out of nothing more than pure love of our furry friends. All of our members and volunteers are unpaid, so 100% of every dollar donated goes towards the critters care. We do this because all critters big and small deserve to know what love is and we do not mind showing them! Unlike some other shelters, our critters are not kept in cages. In order to better socialize them, they live as members of our familily or a foster family. By the time you adopt them, they will have had lots of contact with not only people, but other cats dogs, and various other creatures!. We are a 100% no kill Sanctuary for reasons other than if the animal is in unimaginable pain that they can never recover from a decision we do not take lightly, We have never euthanised an animal due to space limitations, money, treatable/managable illness, or age. If the animals do not find a home, they stay with us (although permanent spaces are limited). We do not receive any corporate sponsorship. Our mandate has always been to put any money directly to the animals, not a PR person, professional fundraising people, we instead rely on animal lovers who want to see their money go into animals who really need the help rather than expensive administration. Thank you for your consideration to support us and the work we do to save these precious souls.

We are a small Sanctuary and like it small although our expenses are huge! We ONLY takes in special medical cases. with top level Vet care, our goal is to get them better and then find a new forever home for them.

We ONLY work with SPCA'a, Humane Societies and Pounds for these "special animals" that have no voice. We do NOT take owner surrenders.
We genuinely hope we see Kelli again soon, even though I know it is bit of a trek for her to visit. We're so happy to have met her!!


Thank you for reading this!!
Take care,
Kate

4 comments:

  1. Kelli became an NCVA member recently, and I recognized her name and animal sanctuary name right away because I'd corresponded with her in the past. She is tirelessly devoted to animals and a proud vegan. I haven't met her in person yet, but hope to soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's going to be attending Veg Fest I think!! (I believe that is how she found out about us!) If I speak to her before then, I'll let her know to look out for the walking pea pod =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I will be at Veg Fest would not miss it!! BTW, your bakery is absolutely AMAZING!!! Never have I tasted such wonderful vegan treats anywhere! My Daughter is just picking our her Birthday cake and is so excited! Thank you so much..and trust me you will be seeing us soon!

    Both my girls who are proud vegans as well..are telling EVERYONE they know about where their gourmet cupcakes and bars came from!


    Kelli and the critters
    Westminster Pet Sanctuary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Kelli!!!! So great to hear from you again, and we're so happy you enjoyed your treats!!! We'll have lots with us at VegFest, and we look forward to seeing you again!!

    ReplyDelete